The library is located to the left of the receptionist’s desk diagonally across from the kitchen, next to the nursery. It is open at all times unless a meeting is scheduled.
Please Note: St. Andrew's library is broken down into Categories rather than using a complete Religion 200 Dewey Classification.
Beginning to the left of the library entrance, items are located within each CATEGORY, (Apologetics-Youth), circling the library.
Items are arranged alphabetically by TITLE - disregarding “A” “And” and “The” in the TITLE.
Exceptions: SCRIPTURE and certain REFERENCE items, as well as some NEW acquisitions, are shelved to the right of the entrance. Some books about/by the Popes are presently located there - as well as elsewhere in the library.
It is important to observe the posted simple rules and regulations in order that all patrons may enjoy their library. Items may be borrowed for a reasonable period of time. Most materials are shelved by category.
If you have difficulty locating an item, please check items on display throughout the library, as well as the "Sign Out Binder"; another patron may have signed out your selection.
Items must be signed out in the white "Sign Out Binder" on the counter-top. Sign out in the A – XYZ sections - - disregarding “A” “And” and “The” in the TITLE.
- Please just "X" out your item in the "Sign Out Binder."
- Place item in the RETURN BOX located on shelf beneath the window.
- Volunteers will return item to shelf.
Reference materials such as encyclopedias, dictionaries and other designated items marked Reference may not be removed from the library. Newspapers and magazines fall into this category.
Some Reference materials can be found within the alphabetically listed categories. Such items have a yellow circle on the spine and may not leave the library. The colored circle on an item indicates that data on that material is recorded in the library computer system.
In addition to the Global Catholic Network, the following references provide excellent Catholic information:
- "Origins" - a weekly documentary service brought to you by Catholic News Service (CNS). Copies available for reference in the library.
- Diocese of Raleigh website
- "Ecumenical Trends" - a monthly publication of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement Graymoor Ecumenical Institute. Copies available for reference in the library.
- "L'OSSERVATORE ROMANO" - Carries the Pope’s discourses and reports on the activities of the Holy See as well as on the main events taking place in the church in Italy and around the world. English edition received weekly and available for reference in the library.
- The Vatican website
Learn more about your Catholic Faith...help to evangelize it .... AMDG (for the greater glory of God). All are welcome to St. Andrew's Library !