Career Network Ministry
Professional Development, Mentoring and Networking
The St. Andrew’s Career Network Ministry is a group of individuals who are committed to effective career management for themselves and others through knowledge of and expanding connections for immediate or future employment opportunities.
Assist members with:
- Networking and business relationships to find work, better jobs, or new employment
- Mentoring and a forum for life-long career development
- Peer support related to anxiety/depression associated with job loss or career stress
- Seeking/discussing the spiritual meaning of God’s will with career decisions
- Have all members employed or self-employed in an enjoyable profession or business with minimum or no periods of unemployment
- Provide an agenda that appeals not only to unemployed/underemployed members but also benefits actively-employed parishioners
- Increase parish awareness of the current pool of available talent
Meets bi-monthly on the 2nd and 4th Thursday mornings of every month from 8:15 to 10:15 am in room 208 of the parish CARE Center.
Are you an actively-employed executive, professional, or business owner and would like to serve as a speaker, possible lead, or mentor? It can be very rewarding! We depend upon God, each other and you to offer your network of contacts at area firms, as well as organizations outside of the Triangle, for potential career opportunities. If you or if you know of someone who can assist, please do not hesitate to contact us. For additional details, see http://saintandrewapex.wordpress.com/. If you are a service provider (financial advisor, insurance agent, career coach, etc) you are welcome to attend. However to maintain the spirit of the meetings, we limit service providers to no more than 10% of each estimated meeting headcount. RSVP in advance to ensure your spot.
Facebook: Please also visit our St. Andrew’s Career Transition Ministry Facebook page.
The Careering Movement
Make a Difference. Please Support Your Career Network Ministry. Help yourself, friend or family member in job search and transition by purchasing copies of “Careering – A Spiritual Guide on Finding and Maintaining Meaningful Work in Today’s Economy”. Careering will help you:
- Overcome job loss and/or conquer any fear or paralysis associated with job or career transitions.
- Advance and position yourself for better pay and benefits.
- Find new meaning in your work or a new career opportunity that brings you happiness and joy.
Order copies today for yourself, your family, neighbors and colleagues! To order and learn more go to www.careeringbook.com. All net proceeds go to St. Andrews and other charitable organizations supporting the unemployed and underemployed.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/careeringbook.
Paul Dean (Founding Director) 919-387-0141, Dana Gower (Co-Director) 919-961-4939, or
Loy Britto (Parish Council Liaison),
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”