High School Youth Ministry (TYM)
A holistic approach is used to encourage our youth to recognize their role in the Church. High School Youth Ministry (TYM) encompasses religious education, Confirmation Preparation, socials, service and spiritual retreats. Classes are held September through May.
Please note for families new to St. Andrew: Welcome! Families must be registered parishioners at St. Andrew in order to enroll in any Faith Formation class (K-12) and the Home Program. New Parishioner Registration forms may be submitted along with Faith Formation registration.
Summer 2017 Opportunities
Come journey with is this summer through FELLOWSHIP, FUN, and SERVICE!!
TYM Mission Trip: Tarboro Community Outreach
The TYM will be going to Tarboro Community Outreach in Tarboro, NC from July 30-August 4. Come with an open heart and a willingness to be God's Hands and Feet!
Summer Service Opportunities
We're searching for volunteers who want to come and join us in our journey to serve those in need in our community!
- July 10 & 19 from 8:45 am - 2:00 pm at Catholic Parish Outreach
- July 26 from Noon - 4:00 pm at the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Youth Movie Night- Friday, June 30 & Friday, August 18 from 7:30 pm- 9:30 pm
- Teen Scripture Video Program with Mark Hart- July 11, 12, 13 from 6:30 pm top 8:30 pm. Includes dinner each night.
- Holy Grounds Cafe: Sunday, July 23 from 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
- Bounce of the Walls! on Friday, August 4 from 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm at Jumpstreet in Cary
- $50.00/student/year (registration on or before August deadline)
- $70.00/student/year (registration after August deadline)
- Maximum registration fee for K - 12th is $150/family when registering by August deadline (sacramental fee excluded)
- Confirmation Registration is an additional form and fee.
- Small faith sharing groups
- Youth Board
- Prayer services
- Guest speakers
- Socials, activity nights, service projects
- Preparation for Sacrament of Confirmation (a series of classes in addition to YM)
Please visit our Confirmation page.
September – April, 7- 8:15 p.m.
All youth grades 9 and up are welcomed for all the social activities. Cost varies on events. You do not have to be enrolled in the religious education classes.
Meet and Eat is for middle and high school students in youth ministry. Each Sunday we have a meal and social time from 6:30 - 7 p.m. The cost is $3 per meal and a reservation must be made by Wednesday prior to class on Sunday.
We are using sign up genius for the reservations and an e-mail will be sent to you with the menu so that you know what we are serving. We also need parent volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up after the meal.
For a list of dates, meals and to sign up for a meal go to: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094FA8AB2CA75-meet1
GRACE Program at St. Andrew
Everyone in faith formation participates in a program called GRACE that offers opportunities to be with your St. Andrew faith community in liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Open to all in grades 9-12 seeking religious education
Terri Reed, phone: 919-362-0685, ext. 126, or
Mike Kaufman, Parish Council Liaison,