Middle School Youth Ministry (JYM)
A holistic approach is used to encourage our youth to recognize their role in the Church. The Middle School Youth ministry (JYM) encompasses religious education, socialization as well as service and spiritual pursuits. Classes are held September through May.
Please note for families new to St. Andrew: Welcome! Families must be registered parishioners at St. Andrew in order to enroll in any Faith Formation class (K-12) and the Home Program. New Parishioner Registration forms may be submitted along with Faith Formation registration.
Summer 2017 Opportunities
Come journey with is this summer through FELLOWSHIP, FUN, and SERVICE!!
Summer Service Opportunities
We're searching for volunteers who want to come and join us in our journey to serve those in need in our community!
- July 10 & 19 from 8:45 am - 2:00 pm at Catholic Parish Outreach
- July 26 from Noon - 4:00 pm at the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Youth Movie Night- Friday, June 30 & Friday, August 18 from 7:30 pm- 9:30 pm
- Teen Scripture Video Program with Mark Hart- July 11, 12, 13 from 6:30 pm top 8:30 pm. Includes dinner each night.
- Holy Grounds Cafe: Sunday, July 23 from 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
- Bounce of the Walls! on Friday, August 4 from 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm at Jumpstreet in Cary
- $50.00/student/year (registration on or before August deadline)
- $70.00/student/year (registration after August deadline)
- Maximum registration fee for K - 12th is $150/family when registering by August deadline (sacramental fee excluded)
Do you enjoy working with Middle Schoolers?
We have some wonderful youth that need your time and talent. Catechists and assistants are needed. If this is something that you would be interested in please call Terri @ 919-362-0685 x126.
- Sunday 11:15 a.m. - 6th Grade Only
- Sunday 4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 - 8:15 p.m.
- Monday 4:45 p.m. - 6th Grade Only
- Optional on Sunday: Meet & Eat: 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Ministry Calendar
Open to all in grades 6-8 seeking religious education. Adult volunteers and chaperones welcomed!
GRACE Program at St. Andrew
Everyone in faith formation participates in a program called GRACE that offers opportunities to be with your St. Andrew faith community in liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Meet and Eat is for middle and high school students in youth ministry. Each Sunday we have a meal and social time from 6:30 - 7 p.m. The cost is $3 per meal and a reservation must be made by Wednesday prior to class on Sunday.
We are using sign up genius for the reservations and an e-mail will be sent to you with the menu so that you know what we are serving. We also need parent volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up after the meal.
For a list of dates, meals and to sign up for a meal go to: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094FA8AB2CA75-meet1
- Service Projects
- JYM Leadership Council
- Prayer services
- Small faith sharing communities
Terri Reed, phone: 919-362-0685, ext 126, or
Mike Kaufman, Parish Council Liaison,