The goal of the St. Andrew’s nursery ministry is to provide a safe and fun place for children, ages “walking well” through age 4, while families attend mass. Age 5 and up are not permitted, unless their parents are working that morning. Parents who utilize the nursery are encouraged to volunteer. The nursery is available during the 9:30 a.m. Mass each Sunday.
When Using the Nursery
Bring children to the nursery and sign them in. Leave a phone number for the nursery volunteers so that they can contact you in case of emergency. Leave a diaper bag with nursery volunteers if needed. Enjoy going to mass!
- Sign up to volunteer at Nursery Schedule
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to mass (9:00 a.m.) and sign in on the children’s check-in sheet.
- Set up the safety gate and make a safety check of the nursery and the outside play area.
- Label each child on the labels provided with their name.
- Maximum of 21 children in the room. Additionally, a maximum of 7 children per volunteer remains in effect, including the volunteer’s children. This quota is for the safety of the children.
- If a child wears diapers, be certain that the parent leaves a labeled diaper bag with wipes. NO WIPES CAN GO DOWN THE TOILET, EVEN FLUSHABLE WIPES (Volunteers should change a dirty diaper as soon as it is discovered.) For newly potty-trained children, please continue to send the child wearing a pull-up, until he/she has been fully trained for at least one month.
- NO SICK CHILDREN, PLEASE.
- No snacks or drinks in the nursery. There is a fountain in the hallway for the really thirsty.
- After mass, please replace books and toys. There is a picture of the room and how it should be set up on the wall near the far door. Please refer to this picture when cleaning up the toys. Please remember that this room is used for Mothers Morning Out during the week so it is important that we keep it neat and tidy.
- No toys should be taken outside to the playground.
- In the event a child is hurt, please use your discretion. If the injury requires immediate attention, or the child is inconsolable, please have one volunteer go to mass and request an usher help page the parents.
- Please obtain new member information including name and email addresses and document at the bottom of the kids’ list. This information allows us to contact new members about volunteering in the nursery.
Thank you for your attention to these items!
Open to adult volunteers and children (walking through age 4) needing childcare during the 9:30 a.m. Sunday Mass.
One Sunday every 10 weeks (on average). This may vary due to number of volunteers rotating on the schedule.
The nursery is closed during the summer months.
Katie Fortunato 919-362-0685 x125, or
Loy Britto, Parish Council Liaison,