That Man Is You
Most Catholic men are busy supporting their families, driving kids to sports, etc and only find time to attend mass on Sunday (if that). This unfortunately leaves them and their families lacking in grace and direction. The program at St Andrew’s was started by a group of men who looked at the significant drop in US Catholic mass attendance, baptisms, catholic school education and sacramental marriages over the past 15 years, and projections that showed it getting worse. A key factor in a family’s spiritual health is the father’s commitment to his Catholic faith. “That Man is You” is an interactive program currently running at over 500 parishes around the Nation. It is designed to honestly address the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, especially those relating to their roles as husbands and fathers. The program harmonizes current social and medical science with the teachings of the Church and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of man fully alive. It is particularly indebted to the teachings of the Second Vatican Council and Pope John Paul II. The program is comprised of 2 sessions of 13 weeks a year and starts in September. We meet early Saturday morning from 7 – 8:30am so we don’t impact family time. If you talk to the men you came they will say they are now better Catholic men, husbands and fathers. Many will tell you stories about the progress they have made in their faith life and how much they value the discussions with the other men in their group.
New Session Starting Soon
That Man Is You (TMIY) will begin a new session on Saturday, September 16 in the St. Andrew Fellowship Hall at 7:00 am for breakfast. Year 2 is called "Unveiling of Love" The presentation will begin at 7:30 and conclude by 8:30. Over 60 men came together each week last year for 2 sessions of 13 weeks– one in the fall and one in the spring.
TMIY is an interactive men’s program combining research from science with teachings of the Catholic Church. Join your fellow men, husbands, and fathers who are seeking to be formed to face pressures and temptations of our modern culture.
Experience the Power of Transformation as you Discover:
- The uniqueness of the Catholic vision of love and marriage, which is so profound that it transcends the limits of this world to touch the divine.
- Powerful stories from around the globe of men and women who have “fought the good fight” to give testimony to the power of love.
- The latest neurological science that harmonizes profoundly well with the Church’s vision of love and marriage.
- The mystical reality of the Catholic Nuptial Mass that spans from the Paradise in Eden through Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary to the Marriage Feast of the Lamb in heaven.
- The grace being offered for men to rediscover their first love and truly become apostles of a new springtime.
- The time-honored approach to discover and overcome the struggles in the spiritual life.
- The ability to develop a systematic approach to the spiritual life.
- The hidden life of the Holy Family, which is offered as a model for your family.
Registration & Information
We encourage all parish men to register. You can contact Bob Galush for more information at 919-368-7218 or click here to register online.
Randy Carson, Parish Council Liaison,